Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- ½ cup puffed millet
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup nuts, unsalted and chopped – almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias
- 1 cup dried fruit chopped – e.g. figs, apricots, apple, peaches, pear, barberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup raw honey
- 185g filo pastry
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- extra sesame seeds & coconut for sprinkling
- ½ tsp all spice
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line two or three baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients and vanilla paste in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add the tahini and honey and blend to combine. Set mixture aside.
- Place a sheet of filo on the bench and brush lightly with a little olive oil, place another sheet of filo directly on top and repeat with another sheet of filo so it is three layers thick. Now cut the sheet of pastry into three equal strips.
- Place a spoonful of the nut and fruit mixture at the end of each strip, fold the edges in and roll up into a spring roll shape. Repeat with the remaining pastry and nut mixture. Brush each filo finger with a little olive oil and sprinkle with coconut & sesame seeds.
- Place onto baking trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with natural yoghurt or drizzle with a little extra honey.