Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 small garlic bulb
- 1 tin (400g) of cannellini beans
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- micro chives or chives, chopped
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 190°C.
2. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and place onto a baking tray and then into the oven. Cook for approximately 30-40mins or until soft and browned.
3. To make the pastry cups, grease 2 x 12 hole patty pan baking dishes, grease one mould inside, grease the other mould on the underside. Using a 5cm cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the defrosted pastry sheet. Press the pastry rounds into the greased patty pan and place the other patty pan on top (the one with the greased underside). Place into the heated oven and cook for approximately 18-20mins or until the pastry cups are golden and flaky. Set aside to cool.
4. To make the filling, peel the roasted garlic cloves and place in a food processor along with the cannellini beans, crème fraiche and lemon juice. Blitz to a puree. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble, pipe the filling into the cooled pastry cups and top with the chopped chives.